PTE – PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH
PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language test aimed at non-native English
speakers wanting to study abroad. It tests Reading ,Listening, Writing & speaking
Questions often test 2 skills together, such as listening and reading or reading and speaking. The whole
test is done in a single session, lasting 3 hours and is taken sitting at a computer in a secure test
environment. The speaking part of the exam is done at the computer. Your voice is recorded and sent for
PTE Academic is accepted by the Australian government as proof of English
language proficiency for all visa categories.
When studying abroad in a course taught in English, you will often need to prove
how your English language skills. With PTE Academic you can apply to thousands of
universities and colleges around the world including:
• All universities in Australia, Ireland and New Zealand, including all New
Zealand Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics.
• All TAFE and Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics in Australia and New
• Prestigious institutions such as Stanford University, Harvard University, and
Imperial College London accept PTE Academic scores.
• In the USA, Canada, UK, Singapore and Europe, PTE Academic is continuing to
The PTE Academic English test is accepted by Australia’s Department of Home
Affairs (DHA) and Immigration New Zealand (INZ) for all visa applications. This
includes Permanent Residency, Employer Sponsored/Work Visas and Student Visas.
Further, PTE Academic is accepted by most Australian skills assessment authorities
and professional registration bodies including:
• Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
• Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council (ANMAC)
• Certified Practicing Accountants Australia (CPA Australia)
• Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
• Australian Computer Society (ACS)
• Engineers Australia
PTE Academic is scored against the Global Scale of English, a thermometer-style
scale that gives you an accurate overview of your skills. The Global Scale of English
aligns with a variety of popular tests and scales around the world.