All Indian students are required to obtain a Student Authorization and Visa before going to Canada for studies. Students must also meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations. Under normal circumstances, allow at least two to six weeks for the student visa to be processed
Proof of Funds
Every applicant must demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources available to them to pay tuition fees, maintain him/herself and dependents in Canada. Living expenses are around CDN 10,500 per year
Canada VISA Checklist
The documents listed below are numbered and divided into Set I, Set II and Set III. While assembling your application please mark the documents for easy reference (i.e. with tabs or markers)
The web-site listed below links to student applications forms. Please download only the application, personal Information form, and use of representative form (If applicable) from this site.
• Forms can be downloaded from:( http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/visaapplication.html )
• The current student visa application fee is CDN 125 or INR 5470/-
• Study Permit application form & study questionnaire
• Visa Fee.
• Current Passport.
• Application form (two recent, original passport-sized photos to be attached to form.)
• Personal Information Form
• Student Questionnaire
• Letter of acceptance from Canadian educational institution showing planned start and end date of program and any conditions upon acceptance into program
• Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) if applicable
• For Quebec-bound student- Copy of Certificat d’acceptation du Québec-CAQ
• IELTS test results taken within last 24 months with overall band not less than 5.5
• Photocopy of the most recent diploma or leaving certificate, and 2008/2009 mark sheets
• Copy of all receipts for payment provided by the Canadian educational institution (pre-payment of first term is recommended)
• Copy of Educational Loan from Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to at least 80% of tuition +living + travel expenses for one academic year (normally, first year’s tuition, unless already paid, plus $8000). See List of approved banks in India.
*Do not provide any additional documents unless requested to do so by a visa officer.
An interview with a Canadian Visa Officer may be required. If this is the case, students will be advised in writing of the time and place for the interview.
The Canadian high commission will issue medical instructions. Students and accompanying dependents must pass a medical examination at one of the approved panel doctors. If the student and accompanying dependants are found to be in good health and there are no other concerns with the application, the Visa and Student Authorization will be issued.